Work with M.E.T.A.
Work Study: Registrar
Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches (M.E.T.A.) is looking for a Registrar to manage student registrations and facilitate other aspects of the registration process including payment and payment plans. This position involves customer service primarily via email.
This position would be ideal for someone who is a student in a counseling or psychology program who is interested in Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches, or is developing a coaching practice and would like further transformative skills.
This is a work study position. The Registrar will accrue hours in exchange for tuition credit at the rate of $15/hour. Projected tuition credit will be sufficient to cover the majority of the cost of 1 year of the M.E.T.A./Hakomi Comprehensive Training or Hakomi Mindful Psychotherapy, Module 1 or other multiple Professional Skills Modules.
We are asking for a commitment of at least one year. The hours vary based on the rate of registrations for upcoming trainings, 2-7 hours a week. August and September are the busiest time of the year and may require up to 7 hours a week. Other times are slower and will require less time. We are looking for someone who can start the beginning of June 2019 to work through June 2020.
This position requires access to a computer and the internet. For the most part, the position can be performed remotely. We will meet regularly at M.E.T.A., more frequently in the beginning for training and support and then every 4-6 weeks or as needed.
The Registrar will work under the supervision of the Training Coordinator and will work with students, and teaching staff as needed.
Job Duties Include:
- Assisting students with the application and registration processes & troubleshooting technical difficulties
- Coordinating student payments and payment plans, following up on unpaid balances and coordinating training finances with the bookkeeper
- Creating and delivering name tags, CEU documents, rosters for each training
- Keeping paper and digital archive of training materials (curriculum, agenda, promotional, faculty bios, attendance list, contact list)
- Creating and maintaining registration spreadsheets
- Coordinating refunds and withdrawals with teachers, students, and bookkeeper
- Sending applications to faculty, coordinate approval process (including individual follow up contact with students) and sending acceptance letters
- Tracking & Managing Student status within the registration process
- Responding to email and phone calls within 24 to 48 hours
- Communicating and supporting student compliance with M.E.T.A. policies and procedures
Experience, Skills & Areas of Knowledge
- Customer service, particularly involving online transactions and email
- Competency with office suite software such as Google Docs, Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Internet Savvy
- Coordination of different online and in person systems
- Excellent communication, written and oral
- Will ask for help when needed
- Committed to developing and maintaining relationships with staff, students and potential students
- Curiosity to learn and grow
- Motivated & proactive
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Values direct and clear communication
- Can be responsive to varying timelines and levels of urgency
M.E.T.A. is committed to our growth in race, gender, ability and class equity in our organization, trainings, and services. We value lived experience and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Work Study: Registrar
- $15/hour in exchange for tuition to one of our trainings
- 2-7 hours a week depending on demand
- 1-year commitment
- Available to begin early June 2019
- Work remotely and attend regular meetings on site
- Work individually and as part of a team
- Experience with customer service and online transactions and communication required
We will accept applications until 5/24 but will fill the position before then if the ideal candidate presents. If interested, please send your application as soon as possible.
Please email resume or description of relevant experience along with a cover letter including your interest and plans for training to Selin firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have any questions about the work-study position please email Selin as well.