Work with M.E.T.A.
Opportunities with M.E.T.A.
M.E.T.A. has no positions open at this time.
Thank you for your interest!
Opportunities with The Hakomi Institute
Hakomi Institute: Executive Director Job Description & Application Process
Salary and Benefits
- Part time salaried position: 16 hours a week
- Salary based on qualifications and experience
- Benefits: Two-week paid vacation. Flexible work hours. Work at home.
- Hakomi Institute is a nonprofit organization incorporated in 1981 with a small office in Boulder, CO, two part-time staff and various virtual volunteer roles.
- Our primary business activity is providing policies, processes, marketing, consulting, policy management and other support services for regional training centers worldwide. These regional centers train psychotherapists and other helping professionals in Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy; they operate under a variety of corporate structures, including nonprofit, LLC and sole proprietorship.
- In recent decades, the institute’s regional centers have run in a largely decentralized manner. Our executive director will support us to centralize selective functions to gain economies of scale and will possess the skills to manage the cultural tensions inherent in such a change.
- Work with board of directors to set and drive the Institute’s strategic priorities
- Supervise two part time staff and ad hoc volunteer work teams
- Improve quality and efficiency of Institute’s policies, procedures, and work products
Strategic Priorities (first two years)
- Develop and oversee Hakomi online training strategy and business plan
- Onboard new board members; work with board to create and drive fundraising plan
- Unite regional marketing efforts into shared marketing software platform/process
- Manage systemic updating of organizational processes (bookkeeping, marketing, etc.)
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset; critical and strategic thinking
- Project and financial management, supervisory and business planning
- Writing, editing, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict, build alignment
- Patience and persistence with volunteers with low business knowledge and skills
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience as the director of a small team in a large organization or as director of a small organization
- Staff supervision and project management experience
- The following are a plus: Degree or experience in psychology, mindfulness, or personal growth; nonprofit management; board management/development; MBA/marketing degree
- Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to contact@HakomiCA.org by 8/31/20
- Please use email subject line: Hakomi Institute ED Application: [Your Name]
Last revised 070620