Work with M.E.T.A.
M.E.T.A. Training Coordinator Job Announcement
M.E.T.A., LLC, and the Hakomi Institute of Oregon are seeking a part-time Training Coordinator to join our vibrant, caring, professional training organization.
Working closely with our team of faculty and staff, the right candidate will coordinate and support our diverse, multi-year and short-term trainings and weekend workshops in mindful experiential therapy approaches as well as personal growth classes and shorter trainings for allied health professionals such as bodyworkers and acupuncturists.
The ideal applicant will be skilled in:
- Communicating clearly, professionally and relationally
- Collaborating, working well on a team
- Coordinating and managing people and systems
- Organizing and prioritizing time-sensitive and detail-oriented tasks
- Using technology efficiently
- Adapting existing systems to improve organizational efficiency
We value lived experience and diversity of perspective and welcome POC, LGBTQIIA, and applicants with disabilities.
We prefer applicants who have awareness of and interest in promoting the helping professions, especially the applied mindfulness therapy orientation, and who have a passion for supporting mission-driven organizational development. This role may also be a good fit for someone who is seeking to balance their own part-time counseling practice with supporting the flourishing of a like-minded organization.
M.E.T.A. (Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches), LLC, is a training organization that educates therapists, counselors, allied helping professionals and the general public in mindful, experiential therapy modalities, including Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy, the Re-Creation of the Self (R-CS) Model of Human Systems, Experiential Trauma Therapy, Primary Attachment Psychotherapy, M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork and Personal Growth. Created in the late 1990’s by internationally acclaimed therapist and educator Jon Eisman, M.E.T.A. has evolved over the years to include a robust catalogue of trainings and a highly skilled faculty and staff. M.E.T.A. integrates more than 40 years of study and teaching in the fields of healing and therapy with recent advances in neurobiology and attachment research. We educate mental health and allied professionals and have a counseling clinic offering affordable services to the public.
The position is part-time, averaging approximately 10 hours per week, varying based on the training marketing and coordination needs. We pay $25 per hour. Part-time office space and PTO are included. The Training Coordinator is also encouraged to attend our trainings (free of charge) to better understand the service they are promoting and managing. The successful applicant will be available for a paid training period beginning September 1 and will begin functioning independently as of Oct 1, 2019.
M.E.T..A. Training Coordinator Job Description
- Making and maintaining contact with potential students
- Coordinating workshops, trainings and other events (as they occur)
- Coordinating META Academic scheduling (includes pre-scheduling, faculty meeting and follow up)
- Coordinating scheduling of event space with teachers and clinic
- Reviewing and verifying payment plans in contracts
- Coordinating with faculty and administrative staff around promotion and other training needs
- Creating, distributing and managing before training welcome emails & logistical directions
- Regularly reporting in writing to staff and faculty
- Attending regular staff meetings
- Maintaining record keeping systems
- Tracking communication history
- Managing and coordinating community rental of the event space
- Coordinating refunds and withdrawals with teachers, students and bookkeeper
- Answering voicemail and email
- Supervising Registrar (work study)
- Maintaining the CEU system
- Supporting and following up with potential students in their decision making, as needed (coordinating with Academic Advisor)
- Coordinating student support needs with Registrar, Academic Advisor and referral coordinator
- Educating prospective and current students regarding the application and acceptance processes
- Submit a resume and cover letter (please include the pronoun/s you use) by email to email@example.com,
Attn: TC Hiring Committee
- Deadline for receipt of resume and cover letter is 5 pm, AUGUST 23, 2019
- If invited, attend an interview in August, dates TBA