- This event has passed.
The Essentials: Mindful Experiential Skills for Helping Professionals
August 2 @ 6:00 pm - August 3 @ 8:30 pm
$225 3% fee for PayPal payments (via debit or credit card).
CEU: 10 NBCC CE Available
Presented by: Jessica Montgomery, CHT, MSW, Hakomi Teacher
Location: 4531 SE Belmont St, Suite 300 Portland, OR 97215
About this Workshop:
M.E.T.A. methods and educational philosophy are firmly rooted in the following Hakomi Principles:
- MINDFULNESS supports studying and evolving the organization of experience. An exploratory, relaxed and alert state of consciousness, mindfulness bridges our normal, habitual thoughts and actions to the often richly non-verbal intuitions of our deeper states
- NON-VIOLENCE promotes safe, non-forceful, cooperative exploration of present experience and deep respect for the integrity of living systems
- MIND-BODY INTEGRATION affirms that mind and body jointly manifest and reflect the beliefs we hold about ourselves and the world
- UNITY recognizes that living, organic systems are integral wholes, composed of parts, which also participate in larger systems. Individuals cannot be served separate from the collective
- ORGANICITY honors the self-directing and self-correcting drive of life force and selfhood. Rather than imposing their own agenda, the therapist works cooperatively with the client’s system
- Explore the nuances of mindfulness and its role in the change process
- Deepen your capacity to notice and track subtle experiences and states in others
- Investigate the Hakomi Principles of Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches in action
- Connect with other mindful, somatic practitioners
- Experienced counselors curious about the benefits of increased mindfulness in your established practice
- Bodyworkers, physicians and wellness professionals seeking interpersonal skills
- New practitioners passionate about deep change
- Professionals integrating mind-body perspectives into established practices
- Integrative health practitioners interested in further training by leaders in the field
M.E.T.A., LLC, has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6818. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. M.E.T.A., LLC, is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.