- This event has passed.
Advanced Clinical Tutorial: Principles of Trauma Resolution within the M.E.T.A. Model
April 13 @ 1:00 pm - April 15 @ 1:00 pm$420
One Weekend: April 13th-15th
M.E.T.A. trained therapists are skilled at working with clients using the somatically informed, mindfulness-based methodology of Hakomi and R-CS. These approaches allow for the reworking of core material, limiting beliefs and templates held subconsciously in the neural networks of implicit memory.
In this tutorial, we will offer theory, assessment and treatment skills to support your clients in the process of trauma healing and recovery.
The tutorial will include:
- an exploration of resourcing skills and techniques to promote basic internal and interpersonal safety as crucial to the contact phase of trauma healing work,
- assessment methods for determining trauma activation and regulation
- skills to develop capacity and readiness to move toward processing trauma,
- insights and approaches grounded in findings of Interpersonal Neurobiology
- skills to develop a repertoire of resources with clients
- trauma-informed modifications to the Hakomi 4-step and The Re-Creation of the Self Model of Human Systems (R-CS) that promote resilience and choicefulness in the trauma recovery process,
- an opportunity to learn and practice