M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork Training
M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork Training
Coming in 2019!
$2300 ($2231, if registered by 30 days before training starts)
See our Financial and Withdrawal Policies here.
no NBCC CE available
Take your work to more profound levels. As hands-on practitioners we sometimes work as if we are simply aiming to foster change in the physical body; tissue, muscle, fascia, posture. There is a great untapped potential in manual therapy and energetic work for stimulating positive change and healing for the whole-person.
M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork helps you to use your existing modalities and skills to craft sessions that deeply matter to your clients on physical, emotional and psychological levels. We will help you develop the verbal, hands on and leadership skills to support your clients in self exploration processes that make a real and ongoing difference in their lives. Drawing on the transformative skills of Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychology, this training supports students in developing the knowledge and competence to work more confidently with the whole human experience while honoring safety and your appropriate scope of practice. We can help you develop what matters most to you about the work you do so that you can make the deep and satisfying contribution you most want to.
The body-mind-spirit, the somato-emotional, call it what you will, each client comes to their sessions as a whole person having a holistic, multi-layered experience. By developing some specific skills, it is within our scope and our reach to bring deeper meaning, purpose and healing potential to our sessions.
M.E.T.A. Integrative Body Work Increases Practitioner Satisfaction:
- Increases your confidence, competence and comfort as a holistic practitioner.
- Helps you be a better informed practitioner through our unique inclusion of subjects such as:
- recognizing and responding to trauma
- the role of human attachment in hands on work
- advanced communication skills and techniques
- Teaches practitioners how to safely engage the psycho-emotional realm.
- Saves your body by using the client’s own awareness to create tissue softening, receptivity and change.
- Fosters your curiosity, interest, creativity and deep interpersonal engagement to prevent practitioner burnout.
- Makes your work stand out from the crowd.
M.E.T.A. Integrative Body Work Increases client satisfaction:
- Fosters your clients’ self awareness, empowerment and choice on both physical and emotional levels.
- Increases client skillfulness at self-care and finding homeostasis on their own between sessions.
- Helps clients hang onto the benefits of your work longer.
- Gives you advanced techniques for gathering information about their experience so you can create the most beneficial treatment possible.
- Deepens your clients’ trust in you and your ability to accurately understand their experience and attune to their needs.
- Creates deeper awareness and appreciation for the magic of their own body wisdom and healing process.
Want more information? Please contact Nova Knutson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-358 5263
M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork Workshops
Touching Wholeness: A M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork Introductory Workshop
6.5 contact hours for OBMT; no NBCC CE Available
Deeper than words, older than thoughts, more primary than memory, our first experiences in the womb were the touch of that inner ocean. In our cells, we never forget. Touch carries fundamental and healing meanings that can only be unlocked with awareness. Our work can help clients make strong and healing contact with their own unconscious depths and embodied wisdom if we know how to foster that awareness. Join Nova Knutson for a day of exploring the hidden healing potential of Massage, Energy and Manual therapies and the mysterious meanings of contact.
Embodied Ethics: An Exploration of Relational Communication and Healthy Boundaries for LMTs and Body/Energy Practitioners
6 contact hours for OBMT; no NBCC CE Available
Register here (select M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork)
Introduction to M.E.T.A.’s Integrative Bodywork training (Starting September 2016) and also meets Oregon Board of Massage Therapy’s new Ethics and Communication Requirement.
How do we balance between caring for our clients generously and respecting our own limits?
Do you find it challenging to say no when you need to?
Do you sometimes feel you have to choose between being powerful and feeling connected?
Join Hakomi Teacher, Nova Knutson for an experiential exploration of ethics and communication from the inside out. This engaging class offers a powerful and playful opportunity to work your own boundary and relationship edges and an introduction to the M.E.T.A. Integrative Bodywork Training starting in September. Ready to grow your capacity for boundaries and connection both in and out of your professional life? Don’t miss this one!
No drop ins. Advance registration is required.