Professional Skills Training, Module One
Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches (M.E.T.A.) provides both a comprehensive theory of Self and psychological woundedness, and a revolutionary synthesis of proven modalities that lead to maximum client change.
The model integrates neurophysiology, attachment and trauma theory, the mindfulness and somatic/experiential expertise of Hakomi, the shifting of fragmented states of consciousness, and an absolute faith in the client’s own innate wholeness. With its clear and uniquely effective map, M.E.T.A. compassionately guides and inspires clients of all kinds across the frontiers of their own evolution.
Developed over the past 30 years by world renowned innovator and therapist educator Jon Eisman, M.E.T.A.’s Profound Client Change Training uses lecture, readings, demonstrations, carefully designed experiential exercises and supervised practice sessions to provide both a thorough grounding in M.E.T.A. theory, and immediately applicable techniques for working deeply with clients.
Hakomi and The Re-Creation of the Self will be emphasized, with ongoing inclusions of attachment and trauma work.
Whether you have been practicing for two decades or two months, M.E.T.A. will enlarge your understanding of therapy, will refine your ability to impact the lives of your clients and will, without question, inspire you.
Among the Topics We will Explore
- • The Hakomi Method of Experiential Psychotherapy
- • Self and Selfhood: our innate wholeness and inexorable drive towards fulfillment
- • The Categories of Psychological Woundedness: how to recognize, understand and treat them
- • Understanding the true nature of client change, and how to maximize it
- • The neurological basis of experience, learning and change
- • The precise use of Mindfulness in therapy, based on three pioneering decades of use
- • Attachment templates in the therapist & client, and how to evolve them
• Working Somatically: proven techniques for the skilled use of the body in psychotherapy
• Beyond narrative: elegant & powerful techniques for working experientially
• The assumption of wholeness: grounding the client in resource while pursuing the perception of woundedness
• Accessing the operational Core: history, belief systems, regressed child states and transformation
• Considerations & interventions to develop client empowerment
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A FLYER
How do I apply and/or register?
If you are a New Student of M.E.T.A.:
(You are considered a NEW STUDENT if you have not completed any full training with M.E.T.A. such as the M.E.T.A./Hakomi Comprehensive Training or any of the ProSkills Modules)
- 1. Download, complete and save the application to your computer's hard drive. Application for Professional Development
- 2. Pay your application fee (you will create an account and upload your completed new student application as a part of this process).
- 3. Within 5-10 working days you will receive an email stating your approval status with a link to register for your training.
||Weekend 1 October 11-13, 2013
Weekend 2 November 8-10, 2013
Weekend 3 December 13-15, 2013
Weekend 4 January 10-12, 2014
Weekend 5 February 14-16, 2014
Weekend 6 March 14-16, 2014